About Me

My photo
This blog will chart the progress of my sisterlocks journey (installed 29.07.2007) and may include random social pics here and there. Please be patient with my blog as I usually bulk update 3 months behind althougth sometimes this can change (next updates will be made around Christmas / New Year) Thanks for the comments and visiting. Peace and Blessings x

Friday 17 April 2009

My hair is not perfect

Love:
1. My hair has transitioned from being thin to thick as my locks have developed. I just now need the thickness to develop into length.
2. That I have become less worried about how my hair will turn out and mistakes that I make when retightening including putting holes in a few locks.
3. That I can spritz shake and go if I cannot be bothered to style my hair.
4. That my hair is unique to me and that I do not have to think as I once did before going natural of new looks to not look like everyone else.
5. That my hair is stronger and my each individual hair strand is thicker and less prone to breakage.
6. That I do not own a comb, but a piece of metal - the Nappylocs Tool which is the only thing I use to retighten my hair. I began with the micro Nappylocs tool for the front parts of my hair but now use the small tool all over my hair due to the thickness of it.
7. That family and friends now understand that my sisterlocks are here to stay and are not just yet another one of my hairstyle phase.
8. That I do not have to worry about the price of human hair anymore.

9. That I only have to use the small nappylocks tool, instead of alternating between the micro and small size when I first began self-retightening.



Dislike:
1. That some of my locks have come out at the back meaning that the length at the back does not look as long as it should be. I have about 4 locks missing in the back. I think I need to get some kinky hair to put in the back, as re-attaching an already damaged lock does not appeal and having a baby lock would make my hair length look very funny. For now I have let the hair grow free until I decide whether I will do this myself or go back to my consultant.
2. Some locks are thin in places, one currently being a lock at the front and near the root. This makes my thinning locks hang differently.
3. One or two locks have a lump that needs to be cut off - this was due to me retightening in a hurry and not being able to smooth them out.
4. I have a few thin locks that I have married together that need the ends cut off.
5. Dandruff being a pain to get out and is attached in some of my locks

I intend to solve some of my hair problems myself or by visiting my consultant for a maintenance check-up.

Although my hair has a few imperfections, this does not compare to how happy I am with how my hair is progressing!

1 comment:

DJay said...

I lost my first loc last weekend, but surprisingly I didn't freak out. Like you, the love of my locs out weigh the sad moments we have to go through sometimes.