About Me

My photo
This blog will chart the progress of my sisterlocks journey (installed 29.07.2007) and may include random social pics here and there. Please be patient with my blog as I usually bulk update 3 months behind althougth sometimes this can change (next updates will be made around Christmas / New Year) Thanks for the comments and visiting. Peace and Blessings x

Thursday 10 September 2009

The contrast of different hands

Usually I do not let anyone get too deep into my hair when touching it, but after experiencing someone really caress my hair and like it, I may not be so quick to not allow this in future. I was slightly shocked as guys are not usually good with touching afro hair in my my experience Lol.

Anyways onto a different scenario, I felt my hair was dry today, so knowing my Gran would have a really honest funny reaction I asked her to tell me if she felt my hair was dry. Oh how I wish I never asked as she immediately grabbed a big bunch of my hair and began scrunching away roughly. Her verdict was my hair was way too crispy so I put some spritz in it. I doubt I'll ask my Gran to touch my hair anytime soon, it brought me right back to the days when she used to do my hair - ouch Lol.
Not only did she say my hair was too dry but she started saying why can I see partings in your hair and that I better not be losing my hair. I did reassure her by saying that I recently retightened my hair and that due to my hair texture at the front the partings are most likely to show!

Oh please ignore the dates on the actual pictures - they are wrong and will be corrected for future pics.

Pic showing my hair looking a bit dishevelled after moisturizing it:

Pics showing my new baby locks inserted by platting them and then to assure they do not come out putting some thick elastic bands around them. I know this may lead to a longer locking process, but I will be retightening these weekly so that they do not tangle with the elastic bands.

Pic showing the front partings of my hair:

Pics showing the front of my hair - the front two locks where one was the result of twisting a broken lock around another healthier one (the one on your right):


Random pics:

1 comment:

Tangled Hair Techs said...

Looks good, but if you ever decide to transition to another natural hair style look- just use the Take Down Remover cream for taking out braids, weaves, twists or natural dreadlocks.

The product detangles very matted tangled hair easy and safely.

It also prevents hair breakage no matter how long your braids or weaves are in. It is great for women who are transitioning to natural hair from relaxers as well.

It is not a water based or glycerine based product-so it works on every type of hair texture, every head, every time.