About Me

My photo
This blog will chart the progress of my sisterlocks journey (installed 29.07.2007) and may include random social pics here and there. Please be patient with my blog as I usually bulk update 3 months behind althougth sometimes this can change (next updates will be made around Christmas / New Year) Thanks for the comments and visiting. Peace and Blessings x

Tuesday 29 July 2008

It's my HAIR Anniversary - 1 YEAR

O-N-E WHOLE YEAR SINCE SISTERLOCKS INSTALLED !!!

For my hair anniversary the sun came out and I began to snap lots of pics randomly after washing my hair. I didn't really do anything hair related apart from the hair wash.

I just relaxed and appreciated my hair. I note that my hair isn't perfect but it's getting there.

Whats good:
* No longer having to braid and and when washing
* My hair getting thicker, the ends of some of my locks are beginning to seal
* Knowing what to put in my hair and knowing how it will react

Whats bad and how I intend to conquer it:
* Some locks at the back of my neck are too thin for the hair back there which is not as thick as the middle. This has seen some lost locks from most of the bottom row.
The solution: I'll combine my locks very soon just by the regrowth leaving some two headed dragons. I'll combine maybe two rows from the back and one or two rows at my temple area. I'll leave one row with the small micro sized locks near my temple area at the front of my head.
* Dandruff mainly at the front of my hair which has been controlled but sometimes gets a bit flaky.
The solution: I have two spray bottles one with water and the other with lavender and water where either one is used every day depending on my hair. Also I still use cocois (cold tar solution) on the very occasion when the dandruff does not disappear quickly.

What I want to do in my second year:
* Continue to love my hair and make retightenings faster and more scheduled.
* Dye my hair a vibrant red colour but before doing so taking every precaution so as not to damage my locks.



2 comments:

Mel said...

I am a little late but, Congratualtions! Your hair is really coming along.
I too, am thinking of colouring my hair red, probably just a 'wash in, wash out'tint to avoid any major disasters.

Kittylocks said...

Happy aniversary. I have already coloured my hair a warm brown and am due to lighten it up tomorrow. I look forward to seeing more of your journey.