About Me

My photo
This blog will chart the progress of my sisterlocks journey (installed 29.07.2007) and may include random social pics here and there. Please be patient with my blog as I usually bulk update 3 months behind althougth sometimes this can change (next updates will be made around Christmas / New Year) Thanks for the comments and visiting. Peace and Blessings x

Sunday 8 June 2008

Wash / Dry and 2nd retightening with Napplocs Tool

Here are pics on the day following washing my hair and the day after once my hair was fully dried prior to retightening. As I promised myself I began retightening my hair with the Napplocs tool on 8 June after slightly over 3 weeks and finished in 4 days. I did go past 10 hours I know that. I'm finding I'm slow and have maybe 10 minutes going fast before I get bored.

I've decided to see if it will work better to pull through the tool in one way each week to cut down the timeframe of doing my hair. As next time I won't be doing a full rotation I'll make sure to leave a little bit of regrowth so my hair lays properly. I'll be writing down where I need to start from each time, although my feel for the insertion points are getting better.

What else have I noticed?: The micro size tool does fit but I have lost some of the budding knots at the end of my locks when pulling through the tool due to the tight squeeze. I'll try and combat this by not retightening so close to the root for those ones and being gentle with the pull-through. The small size is just a little too big to use for now. Another thing I noticed when retightening hair to the front is that even if I end at a 12 at the front instead of a 12 at the side, my hair still lays properly with partings on either side and isn't in my face so much.

Hair damp:


Hair dry:

3 comments:

z said...

You will get faster once you practice more with the nappylocs tool, I know I did. Sounds like you have the technique down so just keep practicing and in no time you will be tightening in just a few hours. I space my session out: the back one day and then the front the next day, each no more than 3-4 hours.

Penny said...

Your locks looks superfantastic!

Kittylocks said...

Hi your locks look great as does your blog. I am also from England and new to the world of sisterlocks and blogging. keep up the good work. I look forward to reading your journey with interest.